Monday, April 5, 2010


Second day in Sydney and I really need to stop shopping. This sucks. I can't go into a store without purchasing. Although i have picked up some pretty excellent things, my keen ability to sniff out a bargain seems to have evaporated.
In other news, I went into meet with Vivien's this morning and pick up some show cards before my very first casting. I think i have a 'burb crush. Double Bay is beautiful. The agency is beautiful. If i were a homeless person, double bay would totally be my hang. And if I were a millionaire, ditto. Unfortunately for me, i'm strung between these two extremes, slipping more towards the homeless end of the scale.. maybe I'm not so far from my Double Bay dream after all.

So filled with lust for life in Double Bay, I'm part way through packing my portfolio back in my bag when I see a silver service cab 'lovely' i think to myself. I'm running late for my casting in Surry Hills anyway and I don't much feel like walking back up the massive hill and to the train station. I slide into the lovely leather seat and start chatting to the nice old gent driving me.
Lulled into a stupor by day dreams and tchaikovski i decline to take my receipt and glide off into my day without so much as a glance back. Within a few minutes, while halfway through saying 'yes it's nice and warm, i didn't even need my...' jacket. great. idiot. you left it in the cab. super. good one.
Check the gutter, check my bag one, two, three times... definately gone. Silver Service phone number? no idea. Receipt number? no idea. Cab number? no idea.
Onto the old iphone (who's apps have again failed on me, thanks, apple.) to find out the silver service number. on hold.. on hold.. 'say no to talk to an operator' NO. pick up address? i just left my jacket in one of your cabs but i... on hold... on hold... lost property. hi i just left my leather jacket in one of your cabs less than five minutes ago... no it's not on record because i didn't order it.... no i don't have a receipt.... from double bay to eddie avenue..... it's black and cropped and leather and i really love it alot.... okay.... uhmm the driver was this really nice older european man.... hrmm... really? ugh.... i'll wait for the call.. thankyou.

goodbyeeeeee jacket

i repaired my broken heart with a chocolate nougat egg, leather biker gloves (shame there's no jacket to match it, eh) velvet skirt, creamy cropped oversize tshirt (shame there's no cropped jacket to go over the top, eh) and jersey burnout cardi with shoulder pads.

I am slightly consoled..




No comments:

Post a Comment